Welcome to my blog about living as apprentices of Jesus! I am passionate about spiritual transformation and about helping others become like Jesus for the sake of others.
One of my favorite quotes is: "Whatever job we get and whatever task we are assigned can serve as a container for grace" (Eugene Peterson in "Practical Resurrection"). I pray that the words and sentences on this blog may also serve as "containers of grace" for its readers.
I ordinarily post on Wednesdays and Saturdays and welcome your comments on any post!
Check Out Blogs in These Categories
- "Continual Renewal – the Renovare Way to Discipleship
- 2016 – Crossing the Threshold
- A Dream Deferred
- Advent, 2016
- Becoming a Wounded Healer
- Breathing Under Water
- Compassion International
- Going Deeper with God
- Guest Bloggers
- Hope Changes Everything
- Lent 2017 – What Will We Live For?
- Letting Go for Lent
- Live Your Calling
- Living as Apprentices
- Living in Harmony
- Living in Wonder Moments
- My journey
- My Once in a Lifetime Life (Joy Zomer)
- Praying for Children in Poverty
- Praying with Scripture
- The 12 Steps and Spiritual Formation
- The Serenity Prayer
- This Little Light of Mine
- To Act Justly
- Transformed Lives Transforming the World – 2019
- Who am I when my Body Fails me?
- Writing as an Act of Faith
- 101,750 hits
What Readers are Saying
Daily Archives: November 27, 2014
Befriending our Darkness
LIVING AS APPRENTICES “Non-violence requires that we befriend our own darkness and brokenness rather than projecting it onto another. This, in turn, connects us with our fundamental oneness with each other, even in conflict.” Pat Farrell OSF You may recognize … Continue reading
Posted in Living as Apprentices, My journey Tagged brokenness, Golden Rule, Pat Farrell, Sydney J. Harris, the story of the prodigal son Comments Off on Befriending our Darkness