Use the questions below the scripture passages (II Corinthians 5: 17-20) to help you interact with God in prayer about being reconciled and taking on the role of Christ’s ambassador in your family, your work place, and in the community.
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ,the new creation
The old has gone, the new is here!
- Am I a “new creation” because I am in Christ?
- How am I different now than before I began surrendering control of my life to God?
- What “old” behaviors have gone? What new behaviors are here?
All this is from God,who reconciled us to himself through Christ
and gave us the ministry of reconciliation:
that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ,
And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation
- Have I thanked God recently for his loving choice to be reconciled to me when I was the one who walked away?
- Has being “reconciled” made a difference in the way I live?
- What does my “ministry of reconciliation” look like?
- Have I stopped “counting people’s sins against them” or am I holding grudges, refusing forgiveness, or living in anger about the past?
- Do I apologize and make amends for the wrong I have done to others? Why not? What help do I need from God to do that?
We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors,
as though God were making his appeal through us.
- Do I take my role as an ambassador for Christ seriously? How do I represent him in my family? At my place of work? In the community?
- Would others find God appealing based on the way I talk and act?