Welcome to my blog about living as apprentices of Jesus! I am passionate about spiritual transformation and about helping others become like Jesus for the sake of others.
One of my favorite quotes is: "Whatever job we get and whatever task we are assigned can serve as a container for grace" (Eugene Peterson in "Practical Resurrection"). I pray that the words and sentences on this blog may also serve as "containers of grace" for its readers.
I ordinarily post on Wednesdays and Saturdays and welcome your comments on any post!
Check Out Blogs in These Categories
- "Continual Renewal – the Renovare Way to Discipleship
- 2016 – Crossing the Threshold
- A Dream Deferred
- Advent, 2016
- Becoming a Wounded Healer
- Breathing Under Water
- Compassion International
- Going Deeper with God
- Guest Bloggers
- Hope Changes Everything
- Lent 2017 – What Will We Live For?
- Letting Go for Lent
- Live Your Calling
- Living as Apprentices
- Living in Harmony
- Living in Wonder Moments
- My journey
- My Once in a Lifetime Life (Joy Zomer)
- Praying for Children in Poverty
- Praying with Scripture
- The 12 Steps and Spiritual Formation
- The Serenity Prayer
- This Little Light of Mine
- To Act Justly
- Transformed Lives Transforming the World – 2019
- Who am I when my Body Fails me?
- Writing as an Act of Faith
- 86,364 hits
What Readers are Saying
Bob Bakker on From My Reading – A… Barbara Steen on The Muddiness of our Live… Sally Hoekstra on The Muddiness of our Live… Jo on The World Needs our Help livingasapprentices on From My Reading – J… Pat Cassell on From My Reading – J… Ruth Evenhouse on From My Reading – J… Norma Hook on Making a Difference Bob Bakker on 1,000 Posts! Lori B on 1,000 Posts!
Tag Archives: Jane Gross
One day, out of the blue, four and a half years ago, I became what our family calls “the designated child.” My parents were aging, yet still living in their huge home in Kentucky. The news came to me via … Continue reading