Use the questions below the Scripture passages (Philippians 2: 1-4, MSG) to help frame your conversation with God about love in the Kingdom of God.
If his love has made any difference in your life
if being in a community of the Spirit means anything to you,
if you have a heart, if you care— then do me a favor:
- Has Christ’s love made any difference in my life?
- Would anyone watching me say, “That person has been with Jesus.”
- Am I in a community of the Spirit? Do I find community of the spirit in my church?
- Where, truly, is my heart? In the culture around me or with Jesus?
Agree with each other, love each other,
be deep-spirited friends.
- Am I able to agree with and love people that I don’t like?
- Do I have any deep-spirited friends?
Don’t push your way to the front;
don’t sweet-talk your way to the top.
Put yourself aside, and help others get ahead.
Don’t be obsessed with getting your own advantage.
- Can I be last in line without getting an attitude?
- Do I elbow others out of the way to get the approval or admiration I long for?
- Do I ever flatter, tell “little white lies,” or manipulate to get my way?
- Am I always looking to see how I can get ahead?
Forget yourselves long enough to lend a helping hand.
- Do I live in the Kingdom of Me or the Kingdom of God?