The time of waiting is over! We can begin again! Jesus is knocking on our hearts again! Will we open our heart to Jesus the first time? Will we open our hearts to more of Jesus? Will we open our hearts to the hope, peace, joy, and love Jesus offers the world? Will we offer Jesus to a cold, unforgiving, vengeful world?
Christmas Day is decision time. We can choose to dance in celebration, to be cloaked in renewal, to kneel to our master, to warm to forgiveness, to open our hearts to the world. Or we can drown in the pride, anger, lies, and scaremongering that surrounds us.
Hear the words of Jesus:
- John 6: 35, 48 “I am the bread of life.” (I can supply all your needs.)
- John 8: 12, 9:5 “I am the light of the world.” (I can shine light into your darkness.)
- John 10:9 “I am the door.” (I am the entrance to the eternal love of God.)
- John 10:11 “I am the good shepherd.” (I am your leader and caretaker.)
- John 11:25 “I am the resurrection and the life.” (I am your
- John 14:6 “I am the way, the truth, and the life.” (I am your guide to right- believing and right-living.)
- John 15:1 “I am the true vine.” (I am your connection to God, to the Holy Spirit and to each other.)
Will you choose to accept these Christmas gifts from Jesus? Your choice will be the most important choice of your life.