Welcome to my blog about living as apprentices of Jesus! I am passionate about spiritual transformation and about helping others become like Jesus for the sake of others.
One of my favorite quotes is: "Whatever job we get and whatever task we are assigned can serve as a container for grace" (Eugene Peterson in "Practical Resurrection"). I pray that the words and sentences on this blog may also serve as "containers of grace" for its readers.
I ordinarily post on Wednesdays and Saturdays and welcome your comments on any post!
Check Out Blogs in These Categories
- "Continual Renewal – the Renovare Way to Discipleship
- 2016 – Crossing the Threshold
- A Dream Deferred
- Advent, 2016
- Becoming a Wounded Healer
- Breathing Under Water
- Compassion International
- Going Deeper with God
- Guest Bloggers
- Hope Changes Everything
- Lent 2017 – What Will We Live For?
- Letting Go for Lent
- Live Your Calling
- Living as Apprentices
- Living in Harmony
- Living in Wonder Moments
- My journey
- My Once in a Lifetime Life (Joy Zomer)
- Praying for Children in Poverty
- Praying with Scripture
- The 12 Steps and Spiritual Formation
- The Serenity Prayer
- This Little Light of Mine
- To Act Justly
- Transformed Lives Transforming the World – 2019
- Who am I when my Body Fails me?
- Writing as an Act of Faith
- 101,508 hits
What Readers are Saying
Daily Archives: February 12, 2017
What is “White Privilege?”
In the recent film, Hidden Figures, Katharine (played by Octavia Spencer), a black woman who is in informally in charge of the “black computer group,” has been repeatedly denied promotion to supervisor by her white boss, Vivian. In my favorite scene in … Continue reading
Posted in To Act Justly Tagged "America's Original Sin", Jim Wallis, Racism, white privilege 1 Comment